1. What are the symptoms of excess water?
· Edema in legs, ankles
· Low back pain, cold feelings in the back, in the legs
· Tension in the abdominal area
· Sparse, clear urine
· Possibly with cardiac involvement: palpitations, dyspnea, cold hands
· Possibly with pulmonary involvement: cough, asthma, exercise dyspnea, sputum (mucus fluids)
Too much raw and cold foods, too much moisture accumulated, weak constitution
2. How does the tongue see water excess?
pale, swollen, white surface
3. Which pulse qualities prevail in excess of water?
deep and feeble, slow
4. Which points are treated in case of excess water?
· Sp9 (the most important point for resolving edema in legs and ankles, water point)
· Sp6 (also eliminates wetness in the lower heater, master point for pelvis and lower abdomen)
· St28 (“way of the water”, dissolves wetness, heals urinary behavior)
· B20 (strengthens spleen yang, spleen condition, with moxa, dissolves wetness)
· B22 (dissolves moisture in the lower heater, conditional point for the DE, ignites dynamics of the Qi)
· B23 (approval point kidney, strengthens kidney, strengthens essence, strengthens back)
· K7 (strengthens Kidney Yang, important for breathing problems)
· GV4 (master point of the fire kidney, strengthens kidney yang, important in urinary problems, converts water)
· Lu7 (dissolves edema, strengthens lung, lowers lung qi)
With cardiac involvement:
· GV14 (In case of heart involvement, when water overflows to heart, strengthens heart yang, connecting with all yang channels)
· B15 (In case of heart involvement, when water overflows to the heart, condition P heart, strengthens heart-yang, with moxa)
In case of pulmonary involvement:
· GV12 (In case of pulmonary involvement, when water overflows to the lungs)
· B13 (consent point lungs, regulates waterways)
5. Where are the points?
(Lightly press the dots themselves / each other or mark the dots on a self-made sketch / model)
If you click on the individual points, you come to the detailed descriptions and the graphics.
Access also via the above menu (“points”).
The numbers mean stitch depth in mm, M = moxibustion possible.
Please touch or draw:
Sp6 The connection of the three yin sanyinjiao
3 cun (4 cross fingers) over the ankle, close behind the tibia (5-6) M
Sp9 spring at Yin Hill yinlingquan
below the knee inside in recess behind tibia (10-20) M
St28 way of the water shuidao
2 cun laterally midline, 3 cun below navel (5-20) M
B13 influence point to the lung feishu
2 Fingerbreit next to the midline, below 3rd thoracic spinous process (5-10) M
B15 Influence point to the heart xinshu
2 Fingerbreit next to midline, below 5th thoracic spinous process (5-10) M
B20 Influence point to the middle pishu
2 Fingerbreit next to midline, below 11th thoracic spinous process (5-10) M
B22 Influence point to DE sanjiaosho
2 fingers next to midline, below 1st LWK (pelvic edge = 4th LWK) (5-30) M
B23 influence point to the kidneys shenshu
2 Fingerbreit next to midline, below 2nd LWK (pelvic edge = 4th LWK) (5-30) M
K7 Fuliu pour well again
2 cun over K3, just before the Achilles tendon (5-10) M
Lu7 Missing order lieque
both thumbs crossed, put forefinger point on arm, he points to Lu7 (3-10) M
GV4 gate of the lifeless mingmen
Under the 2nd LWK spinous process, obliquely upward (5-10) M s
GV12 The pillar of the person shenzhu
Under the 3rd BWK spinous process, obliquely upward (5-10) M s
GV14 point of all strains dazhai, bailao
Under the 7th cervical spinous process, vertical (C7) (5-10) M